Open Positions within WA
Graduate Quality & Safety Management Consultant
A growing safety, quality and environmental consultancy based in central Leamington Spa requires someone to add to a growing team. Working throughout the UK, this job is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation that is well respected in the industry on permanent basis and become a key member of the team whilst travelling across the country.
This job is ideal for a recent graduate who wants to learn how to be a consultant and enter into the Health and Safety and Business Management field of work.
Role & ResponsibilitiesManagement consultants help organisations to solve issues, create value, maximise growth and improve business performance. They use their business skills to provide objective advice and expertise and help an organisation to develop any specialist skills that it may be lacking.
The day-to-day activities of management consultants are often complex and will vary depending on the client and type of project. You may work alone on some projects, while others will involve a team and could be based in one location or across various sites.
Typical tasks, particularly for new graduate recruits, involve:
- Carrying out research and data collection to understand the organisation;
- Conducting analysis;
- Process mapping;
- Undertaking audits against legislation;
- Preparing business proposals, training and presentations.
The above often means spending time at client’s sites and being at the sharp end of the operation. Over time as experience grows more experienced and senior consultants are involved in:
- identifying issues and solutions;
- presenting findings and recommendations to clients;
- implementing recommendations/solutions and ensuring the client receives the necessary assistance to carry it all out;
- managing projects through implementation and beyond;
- leading and managing those within the team;
- liaising with the client to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions.
Working Hours/Special Requirements
- 0900 -1700 plus additional reasonable hours as required to carry out the main functions
- Office and field based
- A car and license is necessary
Skills and AttributesWe are looking for someone who can add value, ideas and commitment to the current team so plenty of energy is required! A successful applicant also needs:
- Strong writing skills and being comfortable using Microsoft Office programs
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to debate your opinions and actions
- Comfortable working in both a team and a lone working environment
- The ability to think analytically, research and identify key issues
- The ability to manage multiple priorities
- Company Phone and Tablet will be provided
- 6 monthly team building days
- Ability to earn extra holiday
- Paid expenses including occasional overnight trips
- Covering the full or partial costs of Training Courses
- Offices ideally located in the center of town, with our own parking spaces